Nothing makes you long for a good swim more than a hot summer day here in Florida. For that reason, many homes have pools as part of their backyard landscape, and once installed, that pool is considered part of their home and property, and therefore must be included in the property value, real estate listings, and, when you’re preparing to buy or sell, in your home inspection. Because of this, you need to make sure your inspector of choice is capable of, and experienced with, inspecting pools and pool areas of homes for sale.
Residential Inspection Consultants is one of the most trusted inspection providers in the Polk County area, and we are skilled in inspecting pools along with the rest of a home to make sure buyers or sellers can have peace of mind moving forward. Points checked during your home pool inspection can include (but are not limited to)…
- Checking mechanical parts (including pumps) to ensure all are functioning properly
- Inspecting tile/pavers in and around the pool
- Inspecting pool screens for holes, broken pieces, etc.
- Inspecting doors leading to and from the pool for security and safety purposes
- If the pool has a pool gate, we will inspect this as well to make sure all parts are functional and secure
A pool is an important part of your home, and in many cases, is a selling point for buyers when they are moving to the greater Lakeland area and surrounding communities. No one wants to move in only to discover that the pool they looked forward to is a source of angst and frustration thanks to replacements and repairs needed from the very beginning. With a detailed home inspection, including your pool, you can have the peace of mind, and be prepared for any issues up front and have a plan to remedy them in place ahead of time, instead of unpleasant surprises after move-in day. If you’re preparing to move, or are preparing to sell your home, give us a call. We offer many options above and beyond home inspections, including wind mitigation, radon testing, and insurance inspections. We are ready and waiting to help you!
Hiring a home inspector isn’t something you usually keep at the forefront of your mind…until, that is, it’s time to sell your current home, or purchase a new one thanks to a job change and resulting move, upsizing/downsizing, or simply wanting a change of pace. When that time comes, you could be tempted to simply place the decision regarding a home inspection up to your realtor, but that could be a costly mistake (even if you trust your realty specialist). Hiring your home inspector should be based on multiple factors, including licensing and insurance, price, references, and, of course, experience.
Experience for a home inspector is very important, and it tends to go hand-in-hand with references. Inspectors with experience have a leg up, and are usually the best choice in any given area when someone is buying or selling a home. Why?
- Inspectors with experience understand the area. That means they know what to look for based on the region. Here in Florida, inspectors will pay special attention to areas of your home that could be damaged by environmental conditions (mold, sun damage, etc.), damage from storms that has been previously covered but not actually repaired, or pest issues, whether current or leftover evidence from previous infestations.
- Experienced inspectors know “trends” for homes in their area. Perhaps you’re purchasing a home in a sub-division built by a popular spec home provider, or you’re purchasing from a well-known contractor that has built multiple homes in your region. Inspectors who have “been around the block” (literally AND figuratively!) know the strengths and weaknesses of these particular home builders, and can look for evidence of issues they’ve seen in the past. Perhaps one company is notorious for poor tile jobs, or for accidentally installing light fixtures incorrectly. If your inspector is familiar with the trends, he or she can take that background knowledge into your inspection and will know exactly what to look for.
- Inspectors with experience offer peace of mind. As mentioned above, experience goes hand in hand with references, and references give you the peace of mind that your inspection company follows through with their claims, offers quality work, etc. Hearing from other happy customers gives you confidence in your decision, and all of those references can only come with years of experience.
Residential Inspection Consultants has been operating in and around the Polk County area for over 20 years. The business is family owned and operated, and we are passionate about our work. We have satisfied clients throughout the Lakeland region, and we’re ready to work with you as you begin the exciting process of buying or selling your house. Give us a call or make your appointment right from our site!